Military Hero of the Week Contest Material Terms– WNOR and WAFX 2014
How to enter and participate
Starting 1/1/14 and running through 12/31/14, listeners may go to FM99.com or 1069thefox.com and submit a photo and required information about an active or retired military member. Military members may also nominate themselves. One nomination per military member. This station is conducting this contest concurrently and simultaneously with one other radio station in Hampton Roads.
Submissions must be received by 11:59pm each Sunday to be eligible to be named the Military Hero of the Week. Submissions received after that time will be in the running for the following week. Entrants who are not chosen need not reapply as they will remain in the pool of entrants for the duration of the promotion.
When prizes can be won
A new Military Hero of the Week will be named each Monday and prizes will be ready for pick up no later than Wednesday of that week.
The extent, nature and value of the prizes
- Military Hero of the Week plaque (ARV: $60)
- $25 certificate to Bayside Harley Davidson
- Certificate for 2 sliders and 5 wings per person at Hooters (ARV: $25)
- $50 certificate to Double Tap Military Surplus
- 2 tickets plus dinner and soft drinks for 2 at Funny Bone Comedy Club (ARV: $70 )
- $100 gift card to Long Jewelers
- 2 5-ride wristbands for Motor World (value: $59.90)
- Free HVAC Precision Tune-Up from Art Newsome Heating and Air (ARV: $129)
- $50 certificate to Smoke BBQ
- $50 certificate to Grand Furniture
- 2 free washes at Auto Bell Car Wash (ARV: $29.98)
- 4 tickets to Norfolk Tides game (ARV: $58)
- $50 certificate to Deyong’s Boots & Western Wear
- Free MVP Experience at Sport Clips (ARV:$23)
- $50 Gift Certificate to Deyong’s Boots
Basis for valuation of the prizes
All ARVs came from sponsor who provided the prize.
Time and means of selection of winner (and/or tie breaking procedures)
1 Winner will be randomly chosen from all eligible entries each Monday. In the event an entrant is not eligible, another entrant will be randomly chosen as the winner.
Entrants must be active or retired military personnel with military ID.
Entrants must be based locally. They can be currently deployed or based oversees, but must have a home base of Hampton Roads.
A. In the event the entrant chosen is deceased, currently deployed, or based oversees, the spouse, significant other, or immediate family member over the age of 18 may pick up the prize.
B. The person in the photograph must either be of the person submitting the entry or have the permission of the person in the photo to submit the entry.
C. Photo submitted must be owned by the person submitting the entry. WNOR and WAFX may, in its absolute discretion, request proof that the photo is owned by the entrant submitting it and that the entrant submitting it has the right to use the photo for all purposes and to authorize WNOR and WAFX to use the photo. Should the entrant submitting the photo fail to provide proof of ownership to the satisfaction of WNOR and WAFX, that entrant will be disqualified and the photo will be removed from the web site.
D. WNOR and WAFX have the right to determine, in its absolute discretion, what content is appropriate for the website and to reject and/or delete any material submitted which is determined to be inappropriate.
E. Any photographs submitted to WNOR and WAFX become the property of WNOR and WAFX and may be used in the future in any manner WNOR and WAFX see fit.