Penelope Cruz gives birth to baby girl

Penelope Cruz gives birth to baby girl

Penelope Cruz gave birth to her second child with husband Javier Bardem. Photo: WENN

MADRID (Reuters) – Oscar-winning Spanish actress Penelope Cruz gave birth to her second child with husband Javier Bardem, a girl, on Monday in a Madrid hospital, a source familiar with the situation said.

Spanish media reported the birth earlier on Tuesday, citing a hospital representative, though Madrid’s Clinica Ruber declined to confirm the news and representatives for Cruz and Bardem could not be reached for comment.

Cruz, 39, was still in hospital on Tuesday, the source said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

She married fellow Oscar winner Bardem in 2010 and the couple had their first child, a boy named Leo, in Los Angeles two and half years ago.

Cruz and Bardem are the only Spanish actors to have won academy awards, both for supporting roles. They first met on the set of a Spanish film in 1992 but got together after starring in Woody Allen’s 2008 comedy “Vicky Cristina Barcelona”.

They are due to appear together in supporting roles in “The Counselor”, a film directed by Ridley Scott, scheduled for release later this year.

Recent News

in Entertainment

Cosby to be deposed in sexual abuse lawsuit


Bill Cosby was expected to testify under oath in a lawsuit brought by a woman accusing the veteran comedian of sexual abuse.

in Entertainment

OPENING WEEKEND: Biopic ‘Steve Jobs’ competes against ‘Pan,’ ‘The Walk’


Here's a look at the movies set to open nationwide this weekend.

in Viral Videos

WATCH: Soldier breaks rank to hug daughter at homecoming


Top brass at a Colorado Army post are all smiles after a 2-year-old girl interrupted a general's speech to dash across the room and hug her dad, who had just come home from a nine-month deployment.

in Entertainment

‘Ant-Man’ sequel and three more Marvel movies are coming


The superhero universe will add three more as of yet unnamed movies by 2020.

in Entertainment

Carlton says there won’t be a ‘Fresh Prince’ reboot


Alfonso Ribeiro is adamant there will never be a TV reboot of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," because no one can take the place of their "cornerstone" James Avery.