News

Christian Bale won’t play Batman in ‘Justice League’

Christian Bale won’t play Batman in ‘Justice League’

Photo: WENN

Christian Bale has officially hung up his cape after ruling out speculation he will reprise his role as Batman for the upcoming “Justice League” superhero movie.

The Welsh star previously insisted he would only consider donning the Batsuit once more if director Christopher Nolan wanted to make a follow-up to last year’s “The Dark Knight Rises,” the third installment in their film trilogy, and as plans for the DC Comics superhero adventure take shape, the actor has made it clear he will not be involved.

He tells EW.com, “We were incredibly fortunate to get to make three (Batman films). That’s enough. Let’s not get greedy.”

Instead, Bale is keen to see another star step into his shoes and tackle the Caped Crusader for a new generation of fans.

He says, “It’s a torch that should be handed from one actor to another. So I enjoy looking forward to what somebody else will come up with.”

Bale is the latest star to distance himself from the long-delayed “Justice League” film, which will bring together Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and The Flash in the same way box office blockbuster “The Avengers” saw the stars of the rival Marvel franchise unite to save the world.

Earlier this year, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who played an early version of the Caped Crusader’s sidekick Robin in “The Dark Knight Rises,” insisted he would not be taking over as Batman in the forthcoming project, while last summer, Ben Affleck denied reports he was in talks to direct the film.

The movie adaptation of the popular comic book series is slated to hit movie theaters in 2015.

Casting details have yet to be announced, although “Man of Steel” star Henry Cavill is expected to reprise his role as Superman for the film.

Recent News

17 hours ago in Entertainment

Jim Beam fills 14 millionth bottle of bourbon

jimbeam807686855761

Jim Beam has filled and sealed its 14 millionth barrel of bourbon since the 1933 repeal of Prohibition, achieving a first in the bourbon industry.

17 hours ago in Music

Stone Temple Pilots shoot down Scott Stapp rumors

scottstapp

Stone Temple Pilots have denied reports suggesting the former Creed rocker is set to become their new lead vocalist.

17 hours ago in Entertainment, Viral Videos

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ as told by emojis

11-overlay-2

If the blockbuster movie was told entirely by characters on your cell phone.

17 hours ago in Entertainment, Weird

‘Rock’ your clock

dwaynetherockjohnson690454149554

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has an app to help you organize their day.

17 hours ago in Entertainment, Sports

Hulk Hogan seeks second slam of Gawker over racist comments leak

Terry Bollea, known as professional wrestler Hulk Hogan, listens while testifying in his case against the news website Gawker at the Pinellas County Courthouse, in St. Petersburg, Fla., Monday, March 7, 2016. Hogan is suing Gawker for $100 million for publishing a video of him having sex with his best friend's wife. (Boyzell Hosey/Tampa Bay Times via AP, Pool)

Hulk Hogan accused Gawker of leaking his racist remarks in a lawsuit filed in Florida on Monday involving a secretly-recorded sex tape of the wrestling celebrity, who recently won $140 million in damages against the media website in a related case.