News

Charlie Hunnam opens up about ‘Fifty Shades’ departure

Charlie Hunnam opens up about ‘Fifty Shades’ departure

NO 'SHADES' FOR HUNNAM: Charlie Hunnam says he is simply too busy to properly prepare for the role. Photo: Associated Press

Charlie Hunnam has opened up about his shocking departure from the lead role in the highly-anticipated “Fifty Shades of Grey” film.

Earlier this month, Universal Pictures executives announced the “Sons of Anarchy” star would not be part of the best-selling novel’s film adaptation, stating, “The filmmakers of ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ and Charlie Hunnam have agreed to find another male lead given Hunnam’s immersive TV schedule which is not allowing him time to adequately prepare for the role of Christian Grey.”

PHOTOS: Cast of ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’

Now Hunnam has broken his silence over the casting announcement, telling “E! News” he is focused on spending his time and energy on his TV series and his family.

He explains, “I am doing good. I am just really concentrating on work. It’s been a really busy time. I have had some family stuff going on so just trying to stay focused and stay positive and keep trying to do a good job at work and be with my family and stay positive.”

Hunnam, whose father passed away in May, is currently filming the sixth season of the motorcycle drama, and will be shooting a new Guillermo del Toro film after the show wraps.

Recent News

14 hours ago in Entertainment

Jim Beam fills 14 millionth bottle of bourbon

jimbeam807686855761

Jim Beam has filled and sealed its 14 millionth barrel of bourbon since the 1933 repeal of Prohibition, achieving a first in the bourbon industry.

15 hours ago in Music

Stone Temple Pilots shoot down Scott Stapp rumors

scottstapp

Stone Temple Pilots have denied reports suggesting the former Creed rocker is set to become their new lead vocalist.

15 hours ago in Entertainment, Viral Videos

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ as told by emojis

11-overlay-2

If the blockbuster movie was told entirely by characters on your cell phone.

15 hours ago in Entertainment, Weird

‘Rock’ your clock

dwaynetherockjohnson690454149554

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has an app to help you organize their day.

15 hours ago in Entertainment, Sports

Hulk Hogan seeks second slam of Gawker over racist comments leak

Terry Bollea, known as professional wrestler Hulk Hogan, listens while testifying in his case against the news website Gawker at the Pinellas County Courthouse, in St. Petersburg, Fla., Monday, March 7, 2016. Hogan is suing Gawker for $100 million for publishing a video of him having sex with his best friend's wife. (Boyzell Hosey/Tampa Bay Times via AP, Pool)

Hulk Hogan accused Gawker of leaking his racist remarks in a lawsuit filed in Florida on Monday involving a secretly-recorded sex tape of the wrestling celebrity, who recently won $140 million in damages against the media website in a related case.