Date(s) - 09/20/2014
12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Town Point Park
NEW IN 2014: Patrick Evans-Hylton Southern Foods & Pathways announces exciting new additions to Ribtoberfest.
– Small Bites Taste Kitchen returns, and top local restaurants will celebrate the south through a variety of dishes, including the all important sides that make up a Meat And Three. Everything from collards to okra (fried, of course) will be on the menu.
– “Smack Your Mama Good” Sassy Sauce Bar, featuring a wide assortment of Virginia’s finest barbecue sauces and hot sauces for trying and buying.
– Bourbon Bar Pop Up Speakeasy – bourbon, and other American whiskeys, are showcased in this pop-up bar, allowing folks to sample an assortment of well-crafted imbibes, learn about the drink, and maybe try a signature cocktail shaken, not stirred, just for Ribtoberfest.
-The Biscuit Jam, a three-part celebration of one of the South’s favorite quick breads includes:
— Build-A-Biscuit Bar: guests pay a nominal fee for a classic Southern biscuit and the option of stuffing it with a number of ingredients, from Virginia country ham to rich creamy butter, fried chicken, bacon, jams and jellies, and more.
— Best Biscuit Bakeoff: area culinary professionals bring a basket of their best biscuits for judging by a panel of food experts in the following categories: Rolled Biscuits, Drop Biscuits, Cat Head Biscuits, Beaten Biscuits, Sweet Potato Biscuits and Other Biscuits.
— Cooking demonstration on how to make the perfect biscuits at home.
“Ribtoberfest is going to be a celebration of food with a southern accent and harvest craft beers” states Patrick Evans-Hylton. Also, note that now is the time for all local chefs and other culinary partners to contact Festevents who would like to be considered for selling barbecue and ribs at the event.
A few of the participating Rib & BBQ chefs include:
Belmont House of Smoke
Bobby’s Bar B Q
Omar’s Pig n Swig
Todd Jurich’s Bistro
Smoke BBQ Restaurant
And many more…
The RibtoberFest Beer Garden is where guests can sample more than 50+ different Autumn-style beers from 20 different breweries! These international brews are sure to leave your taste buds tingling in delight. A portion of the proceeds will benefit The Up Center to help improve the lives of children and families; people with disabilities; and, adults in crisis. So raise a glass of that frothy Oktoberfest brew & toast to good times in Town Point Park.
Featured Craft Beers include:
Abita Pecan Harvest Ale
Sam Adams Fat Jack
Starr Hill Boxcar Pumpkin Porter
And many more…
RibtoberFest Peoples Choice Awards: The tables turn as the restaurants compete against each other for the top prize to see who has the best ribs in the Hampton Roads area.
Cooking Demonstrations: For backyard BBQ enthusiasts and Do-It Yourselfers, Taylor’s Do-It Center will be showcasing the best it backyard BBQ technology and techniques. Cooking demonstrations will feature The Big Green Egg “Cooking Eggsperience” hosted by “EggHeads” from around the region. Cooking demonstrations will also include Weber and Broilmaster products.
What: 2nd Annual RibtoberFest
When: Saturday, September 20, 2014
Time: Noon – 8pm
Where: Town Point Park on the Downtown Norfolk Waterfront, Virginia
Admission: Free & Open to the Public. Food & beverage are available for purchase. Beer Sampling Tickets:
· $20 for 10 sampling tickets, wristband and plastic cup and $2 per sample thereafter
· $25 10 sampling tickets, wristband and souvenir glass cup and $2 per sample thereafter
· $20 Souvenir glass pitcher plus one refill and $10 for a pitcher refill thereafter
For more information CLICK HERE or call 757-441-2345 or find us on Facebook.